DEE-SIGN BRITISH SIGN LANGUAGE CHOIR
(a fund raising group of volunteers under the umbrella of CHESTER & DISTRICT COMMITTEE FOR DEAF PEOPLE. CHARITY REG.NO. 237910)
Privacy and Processing of Personal Data
To ensure we comply with GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) we want to give you notice that we will process your data as you have signed up as a volunteer member of Dee-Sign Choir.
When you sign up as a member of Dee-Sign Choir we collect the following information;
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Telephone number – home & mobile as applicable
- Postal address
- Next of kin in case of an emergency
- Next of kin contact telephone number
- Care provider (if applicable) contact name/number
- Any medical information that you feel we should be aware of during your involvement with the choir.
- Photography consent
- DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) Certificate Number.
We use this data to contact you with information about forthcoming practises, bookings and social events that you may wish to be involved with.
We will enter these details into our database which remains in the possession of
the Choir Director at all times. We will provide you with the best service possible and will do our best to protect your information.
We will only use this data to answer your queries, respond to your communication, contact your next of kin in an emergency situation or provide you with information pertaining to your involvement with Dee-Sign Choir.
Retention of Data
We will keep your information until we no longer have any need to communicate with you or if you communicate your wishes to withdraw your membership from Dee-Sign Choir.
As a member, we may send you important information about forthcoming events/calendar dates which is done on the basis of our Volunteer Agreement with you.
In the future we may also send you information that may be of interest to you. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate interest to promote Dee-Sign Choir. You may opt-out of this information at any time.
The data is not passed to any third party, other than where it is required to fulfil any obligations we may have to you.
Use of external services
Dee-Sign Choir may need to use personnel from outside of the group from time to time. These services may include bus/coach service providers, event/competition organisers/photographers/ appointed by Dee-Sign Choir Director, or Chair of Chester & District Committee for Deaf People. The groups identified are not permitted to use such personal data for any other purposes and we impose confidentiality requirements on their services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding your
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of any data we hold about you.
- You have a right to have any data that is incorrect, corrected.
- You have the right to object to the use of your data.
- You have the right to have your data provided to you to take elsewhere in a suitable format.
- You have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can make contact with either of the following people;
Anne Hesketh (Dee-Sign Choir Director) Tel: 01244 375392 / 07842 148 251
John Pane (Chairman) Chester & District Committee for Deaf People Tel: 0151-3480175 / 07717215876
Address:- Chester Deaf Centre, South View Road, Chester CH1 4JG – 0333 220 5050 (voice)
01244 375347 (textphone)
Dee-Sign Choir policies:-
- Public Liability Insurance with Aviva renewed annually by Chester & District Committee for Deaf People. 1st April to 31st March.
- Dee-Sign Choir Volunteer Hand Book
- Dee-Sign Choir Volunteer Agreement
- Chester & District Committee for Deaf People Safeguarding Policy
- Electronic Equipment used is PAT tested annually by member of staff of Deafness Support Network – Charity Reg.No. 506791
- PRS & PPL Music Licences