Aims & Objectives
CHESTER & DISTRICT COMMITTEE FOR DEAF PEOPLE (Registered Charity No. 237910)
The Charity’s objectives and principal activities are:
The relief of D/deaf people resident in the borough of Chester and such other areas in the County of Cheshire, as the Council of Management may from time to time decide including:
- The provision and maintenance of religious and recreational facilities to improve the quality of life for D/deaf people;
- The provision and maintenance of social welfare centres for D/deaf people;
- To increase the active involvement of D/deaf people within the Chester area;
- To improve links with other D/deaf organisations;
- To increase public awareness of D/deafness and of the Committee.
In preparing the annual report the Trustees have had regard to the Charity Commission’s guidance on public benefit and believe that the objectives and activities meet these requirements.
The Committee continues to operate successfully in achieving its overall objectives.